X-Reyes

Friday, February 03, 2006

Getting there...

It seems a bit of a leap from my previous posts to this one that announces results of the first tests of this implementation of the Reyes pipeline. However, above is a JPEG of the first TIFF image produced.

Yes, blue isn't it!

Now, don't all rush at once, it is a simple image but it proves that I can get an input SVG graphic through the pipeline, in the processes splitting it into smaller primitives, create grids, bust the grids into micropolygons, sample them, wrap the rendered sequence of pixel values in a TIFF image format before running it through a Base64 encoding and out to the file system (all in XSLT I might add). Of course I have to Base64 decode the resulting file in order to view it, but that's trivial compared to what has gone on previously.

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

  • How do you perform the decoding using XSL?

    By Blogger The HT, at 26 February, 2007 17:02  

  • I don't use XSLT for decoding because the resultant character stream would include characters that are outside the range of legal characters for XML.

    I use a simple base64 decoding utility by John Walker when I'm working on a Windows platform. When using my Mac I haven't found the ideal solution but I might give AppleScript a go for initiating the transform and decoding the result.

    By Blogger Philip Fennell, at 27 February, 2007 12:15  

Post a Comment

<< Home